January 2, 2013 by twinoaksstudio
Happy New Year everyone!
The new year brings a slightly new look to my blog. The new header was the creative work of my Photoshop enabled sister, Sue. She does great work!
Yesterday I received a note that I was nominated for the “One Lovely Blog” award by Rachel at Shades of Blue Interiors How entirely sweet of her! I’ll be totally honest – I’m somewhat of a newbie blogger and never heard of this award. I googled around a bit and did find that it is something passed from blogger to other bloggers as their own “kudos” for nice work. Rachel’s blog listed these details as the “rules” for the award:
1. Thank your nominator
2. Tell 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 other blogs
4. Contact the other bloggers who you nominated.
Okey-dokey! Thank you Rachel for the kind words and nomination! I’m really surprised and Thank You! Happy New Year!
As for 7 things about myself – oh boy, this could get interesting 🙂
1. I am the mom to 3 daughters; 2 in high school, 1 in middle school. It’s really not all that bad, most of the time 😉
2. I have been a Girl Scout leader for the past 10 years.
3. I’m a big Washington Nationals fan.
4. I earned my college degree in Computer Science – serious geek cred 🙂
5. I was born and raised in a very old town in Connecticut, which may be the reason why I adore old things.
6. We have 2 Labrador retrievers but it is our cat who rules the house.
7. My husband’s favorite chair in the house is a circa 1900s platform rocking chair that I very recently reupholstered. When I bought it I thought he would hate it and think I was losing my marbles! But in reality he sits in it all the time. You never know! 🙂
Here are the other blogs that I will nominate for this award – in no particular order. I am nominating blogs that I read on a somewhat regular basis, and the tally may not add up to 15. I’m trying to keep it genuine, so sorry if I don’t follow the “rules” to a “T”.
http://decorhacks.com/ – This website showcases amazing furniture transformations. Very inspiring and great ideas!
http://modpodgerocksblog.com/ – Proof that you can use Modge Podge for just about everything! Amy provides great tutorials and ideas.
http://myrepurposedlife.net/ – Gail is a wiz with tools, and can create amazing pieces out of just about anything. (now she is trying to inspire me to organize my house though…. a much tougher sell!)
http://crafterminds.com/ – Great business information and twitter chats. I love to follow them but don’t have much to contribute – yet 🙂
http://www.redouxinteriors.com/ – Karen is an amazing dumpster diving diva! I love her finds and stories.
http://www.missmustardseed.com/ – Marian is the ultimate – she has amazing tutorials, business advice, inspiration and a great product line. She’s super nice in person too 🙂
http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ – I have no idea where Karen gets her graphics but WOW!
http://blog.design-seeds.com/ – I love Jessica’s color inspirations and combinations.
Looks like 2013 is starting off with a BANG! I hope all is well with you too!